Chat with us, powered by LiveChat

Complaints Procedure

Our complaints procedure as set out under Section G of our Terms and Conditions is copied below for ease of reference:


Our aim is to provide a first class service to all users and tenants and to do everything we can to ensure that you are satisfied. If you feel that we have fallen short of this standard and you wish to complain, you should do so in writing at: 

mydeposits Scotland
Premiere House
1st floor
Elstree Way


Or by email at:


On receipt of a complaint we will investigate the complaint fully and respond to you accordingly.

The timescales for dealing with a complaint are as follows:


3.1. -  If the complaint cannot be dealt with by the end of the next working day following receipt, we will
          provide a written acknowledgement within 5 working days.

3.2. -  If we are unable to resolve the matter within 5 working days we will advise you and give our estimate
          of the time we expect to need to deal with the complaint.


Our final decision cannot be appealed except by resort to the court where you may need independent legal advice.


This complaints procedure cannot be used to appeal against an adjudication decision; there is a separate and dedicated process for requesting a review of an adjudication decision when you believe that there has been an error of fact or law.

mydeposits Scotland is not regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA). The Scottish Ministers have responsibility for monitoring the tenancy deposit protection schemes under The Tenancy Deposit Schemes (Scotland) Regulations 2011.


Please note that the above time frames will be applicable upon receipt of your completed complaint form.


Raising your complaint

Your feedback is important to us as it gives us the opportunity to improve the service we offer and serve you better. 

Our processes and service standards are set out in our Terms and Conditions which can be found here and our conditions of deposit disputes found here.

If you feel that we have not acted in accordance with our scheme rules or our service has fallen below the standard expected, please ensure you read our notes on the relevant complaint form below before you send us your complaint.


If your complaint relates to an adjudication decision, please read our Adjudication complaint form below. If your complaint relates to a service issue or you are unhappy with our processes, please download and complete our Service complaint form.